Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Can't Believe it has been 4Years!! (I'm a little late)

Antaun and I celebrated 4 years of wonderful marriage on Thursday (um now it has been a few thursday's ago). I have been learning a lot about my relationship with him lately. It's been so good. I am reading two books by Gary Thomas one called Sacred Marriage and the other called Sacred Influence. They are BY FAR the best marriage books I have ever read. In Sacred Marriage he starts off by asking, "What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than make us happy?" HMMM,,, a lot changes when you think about it that way, huh? Antaun and I spent some time thinking about our favorite year so far and it was by far for both of us this year. I think for me it is because I have finally stopped having SO many silly expectations and have been focusing a lot more on him more than "my needs." Gary says in Sacred Influence, "Ironically, if more women would concern themselves with being responsible instead of obsessing about whether they feel happy, fulfilled and "important" we would have a lot more women who are happy and fulfilled and a much stronger church and world." We celebrated with a little memory from our honeymoon. MMM, sooo good!

Another part of the book that stood out to me was, "When did 'please God change the world through us', suddenly become, 'Should we watch Tom Cruise or Julia Roberts?' How does that happen? When we were dating it was all about what we were going to do to change the world together and now we find ourselves saying, movie or mall?? It's frustrating, but this was a good reminder to me to think about why God brought Antaun and I together, to help Him change the world, not eat pizza together!!!!!

So this is what I have been learning lately, just wanted to share. But more than anything, I am so thankful I married Antaun, he blesses me everyday and it gets better and better!!!!!! And man, I am so thankful for the beautiful children I have because of him!!!
Thank you Jesus!










No comments: